Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Dogs, Walks and other Thoughts

After arriving home from Atlanta, I was ready to spend time with my family.

So much had changed in a short period of time. I was still trying to wrap my head around the news from Claudia and Children's Hope the day before.

The weather was beginning to warm up and our dogs, Missy and Pebbles, needed to go for a walk.

Claudia and I grabbed the leashes and dogs and headed out.

"When do you think we could know more," I asked.

"I don't know. Nichole said it could be any day. It could be this week. It could be next week," Claudia replied.

We kept walking.

"Do you think it will be a boy or a girl," I asked.

"I think it will be a boy," Claudia said after thinking. "Probably from Bogota."

"That would be cool because then we could stay at your parents condo," I said, thus avoiding the additional expense for a hotel during the anticipated six weeks in Colombia to complete an adoption.

There are so many questions unanswered after Nichole's call. Our lives had officially changed just as our dossier was officially accepted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers