Sunday, March 27, 2011

God Reveals His Plan for the Forresters

“For I know the plans I have for you, “declares the Lord,” plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future” – Jeremiah 29:11
At 9:01 a.m. on March 11, 2011, just two days after learning our application had been approved by Colombia and a child was possibly waiting for us, I received an email from our agency.
Our social worker asked if Brian was back in town and if he and I could call her. The first thing that came to my mind was, “This is it. This is the call that we've waited so long for. The call that will change our lives forever. The call that we will not ever forget”.

I was at my office talking with a friend when I got the email. I started shaking and I showed it to her. She also knew the significance of the email.

"What are you going to do," she asked.

“I am going outside. I am going to my car to call Brian and the agency." I called Brian while walking out of the building. “Do you have a minute? We need to call our agency," I asked.

“Sure. I'll host the conference call," Brian said; knowing what "the call" meant.

Just moments before then, Brian had been in his co-worker's office talking about receiving the approval earlier in the week. He told her they would receive a call at some point. "It could be this week, or next. Who knows," he explained.

After receiving the call from me, Brian darted back to his co-worker's office and said, "This is it. Claudia wants us to call the agency right now."

"You better come back into my office as soon as that call is over and tell me everything," she said while grinning.

Brian darted back to his office, took a deep breath and called me. "Are you ready," he asked.

"Not really, but go for it." So many things were going through our hearts and minds. So many emotions. So many feelings.

Within moments, our social worker was on the other line. After a brief hello we wanted to get to the point. She mentioned again how just a few days ago she had called with the good news about our approval and how she had mentioned the possibility of a referral.

“Well, this call is to talk to you guys about this little boy that is waiting for you both in Colombia," she said.

She lost me at that point. I could not help myself. I broke down in tears of joy. In the background I could hear Brian saying, “Wow. Wow. Wow."

I was not able to make any more comments at this point. I was overflowing with joy about what I was hearing. I could not wait for her to give us more information. She shared every single possible piece of information about our son, yes our son, that she had available.

From the first instance we heard his name, we knew he was ours. He is our baby boy and our first child!!

Right after we hung up, we received an email with his picture. The first picture of our baby boy. There he was staring back at us on our computer monitors. He was the most precious baby ever.
I immediately called Brian back.

"Did you see him," I asked. He said not yet, but a second later he said, "He is precious. He is our son."

God's plan was staring at us for the first time with a face and name. On this Friday morning, we became a family of 5 (including our two happy doggies).

Once more, we were witnesses of God’s beautiful creation. He was giving us one of His children.

“I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of him” – 1 Samuel 1:27

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers